Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rock Climbing

So April took me Rock climbing this weekend. I have been once and that was five years ago on a little rock but this one was a little more intense. Rock climbing is rated on a scale of 5.1 being the easiest and 5.12 being the hardest and this one that we did is a 5.9. It was a lot of fun but there was no trail leading to the spot so we had to climb up some fallen rocks that was a little rough because sometimes you would step on a rock and it would roll down the hill to the person below you. We finally got to the spot and it was nice because it was in the shade. We got everything hooked up and first Aprils friend went below is a pic of her coming down and then April went. They both do this a lot so they made it to the top pretty quickly with no problems. Then it was my turn and I was kind of nervous. I got a little more then halfway and then came down because I could not get a good grip anywhere and it was taking way to long and I felt bad making them sit on the bottom waiting for me. Then we had to hike down the rocky mountain and that was hardest part because we were already tired and we tried a different way that was full of trees and the rocks. That was rough for sure. Overall it was a lot of fun and I am excited to go again. April and I had a little photo shoot waiting for her friend to get everything set up on the top.


April is intense!


Me, not so much!

There are no pictures of me going up the mountain because they are on aprils camera so this is all you get.

1 comment:

-Danica- said...

that is so cool! I would be way scared.. but i want to try that sometime!