Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fourth of July

Jeff and I decided in June that we wanted to run in the 5k right before the parade. Keep in mind I am not a runner at all. When I get to the gym I do not even look at the treadmills I head straight for the elliptical or the bikes. I hate running with a passion but I just feel that it is something that I should take on because it is so good for you. So about two weeks before the race I started running on the treadmill to see if I could handle it and I found that if I am watching the doctors or Ellen then it is rather easy. A couple nights before the race Jeff, my nephew Devin and my sister in law Nikki all decided to do a practice run of the race just so we would not make fools of ourselves on the day of the race. I thought that I was gonna die and even though I finished that night I just kept thinking to myself this running crap sucks. I really did not want to do the race at all but somehow I talked myself back into it. So Jeff and I get there bright and early and we were running a little late of course so we decided not to pay because that is lame to pay $30 a person just to kill yourself. So I decide that my bra is a safe place to put my money even though Jeff insisted that his pocket was better. So we were running the race and let me tell you while you are in the moment with everyone else it is not as bad as you think. My goal the whole time was to just finish at the 30 minute mark because I did not want to be kicked off for the parade starting and I did not want to miss any of it. So Nikki and I came strolling in at....drum roll please.....29 minutes. For you crazy runners that is weak but for me that is fantastic. I was so excited that I actually finished it and under the time that I wanted. So I go to find Jeff because of course he finished before me with 27 minutes and reach into my bra to get the money and to my surprise there was no money to be found. I looked and looked and still there was no money. I guess that's what I get for thinking I am better then just paying the money. Overall it was fun and I am excited to do more races and build up to the Ragnar next year.Our little family with our matching outfits. Guido was way mad that we made him wear these shorts for the picture but I could not resist they were so cute.Mars family and Jeffs family always sit by each other in the parade so we got a picture together with our festive shirts from American Eagle.This is not the best pic of Jeff and I but please notice my creeper nephew in the background. Can you say Chester the Molester. Ha Ha.
The fourth of July is one of my fave holidays and I am always so sad to see it go but I am excited for next year already.


No comments: