Thursday, September 15, 2011

I guess it was bound to happen right?

We are expecting a little one on

April 8, 2012

We could not be more excited!!!!








Jeff and I started trying in April and after a couple months of failed attempts and some emotional ones at that, we found out we were expecting on July 29, 2011. It was probably the weirdest day ever. I was anxious all day because I was just waiting to start my period and it just was not coming. Jeff thought that I was pregnant for sure because of the symptoms that I had but I thought otherwise. I have found out over the past couple months that when you want to be pregnant your body plays mean tricks on you and you tend to have every symptom possible even when you are not prego. So I tried not to get my hopes up every month but it was really hard I am not going to lie. So back to the day that I found out I was heading into my second job when my sister in law called me to see if I had started yet and I told her that I had not. She told me to take a test because it would help me to feel better when I finally had an answer. I technically was not late because my cycle had been changing for the past couple months from 26 days to 27 days to 28 days and I was only on the 28th day so I felt like I needed to wait a little longer but she told me just to do it and get it over with. I was anxious all night at work because I still was not starting but the night was going by so slow and to top it off people where in our store till 15 after nine and I was freaking out I just wanted to get home. I finally was able to close up and I rushed home as fast as I could to take a test. Jeff was at softball so I wanted to take it before he got home so we did not have two anxious faces. I took the test and the whole thing turned bright red. I flipped out because I thought that I did it wrong so I made myself walk away from it and change before I started REALLY freaking out. I went back in a couple minutes and there were two lines on the test and I started freaking out. I ran around the house trying to figure out what to do because I did not want to call Jeff and get him excited over the phone if it was not true so I called my sister in law to make sure I was not crazy(I realize now that I should of just waited for Jeff instead of telling someone else first but I was freaking out and not believing what I was seeing and did not want to get his hopes up if I was wrong.) So on to the story, Jeff came home and I just walked him into the bathroom and showed him the test and he was so excited and we hugged and freaked out together because we finally did it. We then took pictures of us with the test and some of guido with the test. We then sat on the floor and just talked about what was going to happen to us in the next nine months and how much our lives were going to change. It was so weird because when I first saw that test I had no emotion because it does not feel like it is real it just feels like a game or something.
So I was four weeks when I found out I was prego and some of the symptoms I had that I did not pay attention to:






*I was so tired I took naps pretty much every day and I went to bed early pretty much every night.
*I ran a 10k on my birthday so I was only like a week prego but I was pretty sick the next day and I had no idea why but now this explains it.
*A funny symptom was that I was getting bug bites in the last couple weeks and I know this seems strange but my sister in law was prego and she kept getting attacked by bugs outside and I would not get one bite and it was because she was prego and I was not and so when I started getting bites I kind of had an idea that that could be why but I did not want to get my hopes up so I just pushed that thought out of my head.
*The day before I found out I was pregnant I was at the store and I saw a bottle of Brisk Ice Tea with Lemonade and I have never even looked at that stuff or cared for it but I wanted it so bad so I bought it and downed the whole bottle in about 5 minutes and it was the best thing ever. (Now that I am 10 weeks prego I have no desire for that crap I was pretty much over it a couple days later.)
*I have been really thirsty so far and luckily no sickness yet.
*I have also been really emotional, I had a meltdown because when I was four weeks pregnant because I felt like I was not doing enough for this baby. It is funny now that I think about it but at the time I was so devastated.
Jeff is totally having sympathy symptoms and he just as thirsty. I brought water to church and he drank more of it then I did which is not like Jeff at all, he hates water. He is also just as tired as I am and he sleeps pretty much the same schedule I do.

I am 10 1/2 weeks now and I have had two ultrasounds already, which is the coolest thing I have ever seen. He/She looks like a human now and I just want to hold my baby already. My doctor is so great she is just so happy and excited for me which makes it that much better. I have not been sick my only problem is that I keep getting everyones sicknesses around me. I think I have had a sinus infection for about 4 1/2 weeks now. I am really thirsty right now also and I feel like I am already gaining weight and showing which is crazy. This has already been a long post but I am hoping now that I will post more because this is something very important that needs to be documented. I am also going to post pictures and stuff soon.


3 comments:

Brittany said...

Congrats you two! How fun for you guys! :o)

The Hatches said...

Kayleene I'm really excited for you! Congratulations:)

Marianne said...

Ya ya ya! Let the shower planning begin!