Monday, January 31, 2011

Green Smoothie Challenge

I started the Green Smoothie Challenge on Saturday. You make these green smoothies and have them for every meal as much as you want them. It is a cleanse type diet that is so good for you. My sister in law did it for a week and she lost 7 pounds so I knew it was something I had to do. It is not just for losing weight it really does make you feel better. It helps with your hair, skin, black circles under eyes, bad breath and that icky bloated feeling. I only have a couple more pounds to lose to get to my goal weight so I thought this would be a good way. I started it Saturday and I decided that I would have the smoothies for breakfast and lunch and then eat a healthy dinner. The beginning of the day was fine the smoothies were good and I was doing fine but then about 3 o clock hit and I just wanted some sort of warm meal or something to chew on. I was even craving chocolate and pizza they were the only thing I could think of. I ate dinner that night and because I have no self control I ate a couple chocolate chips to feed my craving so I did not die. Then Sunday I had one smoothie that was nasty but I drank the whole thing and I was pretty full till dinner time which was a good thing. I then weighed myself at my mother in laws because I do not own a scale (I hate them) and to my surprise I had lost three pounds in a day. I could not believe it I was pretty excited so now I am way more motivated to complete this week with the smoothies. I only have one more pound to lose till I am at my goal weight and I really think that it will be possible after this week. I have found some foods that I can munch on like whole natural almonds, carrots, avocados, celery and cucumbers. I am starting to feel better also I did have a caffeine headache for the first two days but right now I am feeling good. I wanted to blog about this so I could hold myself accountable because now others know that I am doing this and even though it is kind of hard it has been well worth it.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

hmm...maybe i should join you! :)

ashley said...

I need to join!