Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011 (Longest Post ever)

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

I love the new year it is like a chance to start fresh and I love it.

This last year was a good year for Jeff and I
  • We moved into an apartment in West Jordan because we wanted to have a chance to live alone for once in our marriage and then a couple months after we moved in my aunt came back from New York due to a divorce and needed a place to live so she moved in with us. She lived here for about 5 months and now that she has moved out Jeff and I are going to be moving back to our newly remodeled basement apartment and we are pretty excited about it.


  • We added a new addition to our family and we are in love with him. He is actually sitting right next to me right now. He loves to cuddle and he pretty much thinks he rules this place and I am OK with it. He has cured some of the baby hunger I have felt in the past year because he is like my baby. My family makes fun of Jeff and I because we treat him like our child but he is like a human to me and I don't care what anyone says (Kody). His name is Guido by the way and he is a cutie.



  • Jeff finished up his second to last year of school and now he is starting his last year in 2011!!!!!! I am so excited for him to be done and have a life and a normal job because these night shifts are killing us both.

  • He also started coaching at Murray High School. He is the head coach of the Sophomore basketball Team and he loves it. My nephew is on his team so every game is a family affair and it is so fun. I am in charge of recording the games so when Jeff shows the games to his team he has to put it on mute because my sister in law and I pretty much talk the whole time and some convos are not for their ears that is for sure.

  • I started working at home every other day mainly because I did not want Guido to have to be home alone that often. The reason for this is because when we first had him he had minor panic attacks when we would leave him but it just turns out he does not like to be locked up in a room so now that we just let him free he is just fine.

  • We also started the Dave Ramsey total money makeover this past year and we could not be any happier. We have completely implemented the envelope system and we are working on an emergency fund as of right now. We are so excited about it because we have already saved so much money. I have been couponing like crazy and last month we only spent $140 on groceries and we pretty much ate in every single night and a couple nights we had friends over so I was even feeding more then just Jeff and I. The main reason we started this was because of the blog Money Saving Mom she is on my blog list and I am obsessed with their life.

This year I have decided on some "New Habits" I would like to bring into my life but I also saw this great idea on the blog Money Saving Mom and she is doing the 12 DIY projects that she would like to attempt in 2011. I am not going to do every single one she is doing but I have made my list and maybe I will post it a little bit later.

This next year is going to be a good one for Jeff and I. I am pretty excited for this year and everything it has to offer us. I also just wanted to put a little side note in this long long post about Jeff and how much he means to me. I could not imagine life without him. He has done so much for us and our future family. He works so hard everyday going to school full time and working two jobs that are classified as part time jobs but they are really full time jobs in my eyes that take a lot of his time but he does it for us and I have never ever heard him complain. He is the best example I could ever have in my life because he gets along with everyone and I have really never heard him talk bad about anyone just to do it. He always tells me to just forget things and move on because they don't really matter. (still working on that) He is constantly trying to help me with things around the house even though he is tired and so busy. I never do dishes or laundry by myself because he is always right there ready to help me. I just love him and I know that he loves me because he makes it a point to tell me every single day. I am excited for this next year with him and for many many more. LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:

Carlie said...

Cute puppy! Sounds like a good year!

Marianne said...

Woot Woot to moving! We are here to help! Love the update!