Saturday, October 24, 2009

Caramel Apple Sticky Buns

I got this recipe from a blog that pioneer woman and I have to say that it was very good. This blog had the recipe for the actual rolls but I used rhodes cinnamon rolls.

Caramel Topping:
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon dark brown corn syrup
2 tablespoons cream
2 tablespoons of apple juice (optional)
1 Granny smith apple, peeled and finely diced



Add 1 stick of butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, cream and optional apple juice.



Allow to melt over low heat until totally combined. Let boil for a few seconds then remove from heat and set aside.


peel and finely chop the apple


In a round pan add half of the caramel and all of the apples.


This is were I added the rhodes rolls cinnamon rolls and then I added the rest of the caramel sauce over the top.


Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, covered in foil for the first 25 minutes. I I then added the frosting on top of everything and it was yummy!!
My Review:
I loved these they were so good and I will be making them again for sure.

1 comment:

Kody and Kayli Jones Cooke said...

YOU'RE GONNA MOVE IN WITH ME TO MAKE ME FOOD!!!