Monday, October 4, 2010

Baby Shower

This cute couple is going to be having a baby in a little while and I was so excited when I got the chance to throw them a baby shower. I am a virgin to the baby shower throwing so I was a little nervous that no one would have fun or court would be totally disappointed because after all she has been working hard to make this baby so she deserves a good party. I wanted to do a Jeep themed party because Court loves Jeeps but that is hard to do because I could not find anything so I finally just decided to do the colors green and blue and then add a little touch of Jeep where ever I could. This is the diaper cake that I made. They are a little harder then they look but it was so fun finally being able to make one because I have always wanted to make one. On a side note I bought 3 packages of newborn diapers and if I would of bought them without coupons then they would of cost $13.00 a piece but I used coupons and I was able to get them for $4.00 a piece. That was a steal of a deal and I was so excited about it.I went to Orson Gygi to see if I could find a Jeep cookie cutter but they just don't exist so instead I bought a pack of 101 cookie cutters and I am glad that I did because I just decided to use all of the boyish cutters. There were trains, firetrucks, dinosaurs, ducks, sports things and animals. I bought these vases and jars from the D.I. for $0.50 - $1.00 a piece. I was excited that they had so many different ones there and for such a great price.This is the finished product minis the chicken salad sandwiches, mini cheesecakes and the yummy drink that I made. I made those tissue baby decorations and they are not my favorite thing but they turned out decent.I found the idea for these cups on a blog and I thought it was so cute so I had to do it. They looked better in person then in pictures.My husband and Bert pretending to be a baby and mommy nursing. They are so cool!!
I love this picture they were trying to look like a happy couple with their baby but I think it turned out cute. This is baby Hadley and she belongs to Jake and Danica. She is the cutest thing I have ever seen and even though I let Amber think she is Hadleys favorite, Hadley and I really know whats up and we are BFF!!
Allen and Britt they will be married in less then a month. So excited for them!!



Jake and Dani. She looks so good and she just had a baby hopefully I get that lucky when it is my turn.


The party was a lot of fun and I am so happy that I was able to do it and that everything worked out the way it was planned.

No comments: