Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lasagna Bake

Here goes...I just want everyone to remember that I am not a photographer or a cook so the pictures might not make everything look as good and maybe you wont like what I make. So this week I was looking at some recipes online and nothing was working for me so I took a little from here and a little from there to make something that I thought was fantastic. I do not ever really measure anything so my recipe is not so accurate I am just giving an estimate of what I did. I call it Lasagna bake and it might be called something else somewhere but that is the only thing I could think of.

Lasagna Bake


1 box of bow tie noodles


1 zucchini


1 corn on the cob (corn taken off of the cob)


1 celery stalk


Shredded cheese


1/2 pound of meat


1 can of stewed tomatoes


spaghetti sauce of any kind


herbs that you like the most (I used like oregano, basil, etc..)



I started out preheating the oven to 400 degrees and boiled the noodles.
While the noodles were boiling I chopped up the celery, zucchini, and took the corn off of the cob. You can use corn from the can or frozen corn if you want I just had this left over.



When the noodles were done I added them to this bowl along with the diced tomatoes and a little bit of meat that I had left over from a previous meal.


Then I added the celery, corn and zucchini.


The next step was to add the different spices that I had in my spice rack and some spaghetti sauce that had more veggies. I mixed it all together with a wooden spoon and then put it all into a foiled dish and covered the top with cheese.



I put it in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or until the veggies are as soft as you would like them.


Here is the end result....



I know someone liked it



My Review: This is for sure going in my recipe book because it was so good. I loved it and I will be making it again. It is even better as a leftover.

1 comment:

Daddio said...

I am in need of a cook. Your posts are making my mouth water.

Grant